This is another quiet book page I made a few years ago for my daughter.
Just a short update on my memory quilt from baby clothes project.
This weekend I sew 50 crazy squares and cut 20 normal ones. So I have a total of 320 squares, almost 50% of them are crazy squares and a few larger rectangles that I will include in the quilt. I think, this should be more or less enough, if not, I still have lots of baby clothes work with.
Now I'm going to start piecing the squares together.
This time I would like to show you my sock matching felt quiet book page.
The inspiration came from Stephanie at Imagine our Life, but I created my own desing.
The socks can be stored in the washing mashine and the door is locked with a small magnet. After washing the socks, you can hang them to dry on clothes lines.
Besides pairing the socks originally I wanted to add clothespins (clothes pegs) to the page, but the ones I found were not “child proof” pins, they broke after the first use, so I didn’t replaced the broken ones. By the way, do you know where I can find some small clothespins that will last longer than two minutes in the hands of a four years old?
This weekend was also working on my memory quilt from baby clothes.
Opened a new box whit my precious baby clothes, here you can see a part of it after stabilised them with clothing interfacing.
After cutting I had about 100 new squares (no crazy ones this time), and a total of 144 squares. Still need to sew a few crazy ones...
This weekend I continued working on my new memory quilt from baby clothes.
I worked on my second set of clothes and cut about 50 more small squares.
While cutting I saved all special patterns from onesies and then started to sew the crazy squares. Together there are more than 40. I have a few longer patterns that I didn't wanted to cut, I will deal with them later.
Yes, I started another memory quilt :) I'm using baby cloths from my daughter and the goal is to create a queen size memory quilt.
We all liked the design of my previous memory quilts (see the pink memory quilt and red memory quilt) so I will do something similar, but this time will use every colour I have. The squares are going to be 10 cm by 10 cm (about 4” by 4”) with a few larger special elements. This type of quilt requires lots of baby cloths, I started with the first batch this weekend. I finished cutting the onesies, shirts, different baby cloths and stabilised them clothing interfacing and ended up with about 50 squares 10 cm by 10 cm and a heap of scraps for my crazy squares. I also have some larger pieces I will decide what to do with them later. It was a very strange feeling the cat those tiny baby clothes, I had to focus on the resulting quilt that will be so precious for all of us.
This is going to be a very long project, I will update you regularly.
I made this page a long time ago because I wanted to do a page that my daughter can enjoy but can also help her with her manual dexterity.
Since she was just started to learn how to button a shirt, I made some large and some smaller buttons to start with. She chose the colour for the flowers and I made sure that each of them is attached to the background felt so they don’t get lost the second I turn around.